Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Baby Is Four


If you're wondering what I'm doing right now, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes looking at how little my sweet Aiden once was.  He came into this world at 7 pounds and 11 ounces and 21 1/4".  A mere 4 years later, he is 45 pounds and 44 1/2".  Yes, that is the size of an average six year old.  Words can't even describe how wonderful these last four years have been with you.  You showed me a kind of love that I never knew existed before I was a mother.  You make me laugh, cry tears of joy, sing, dance, play and be silly, challenge me and teach me more than I ever expected.  As I said a few posts ago, I wouldn't change a thing because every road lead us to you my sweet boy.  God had a plan for us to be the parents of Aiden Christopher Ousley and I am so glad I trusted His plan.  He gave me you.  And you have been a blessing to us from the moment you were born.  Aiden, I hope you know how much your mama loves you.  No one will ever love you more, fight for you, encourage you, help you, pray for you, or try harder for you than I will.  My precious child.

A few of Aiden's newborn pictures, thanks to Ashley Ann Photography:



 A picture at one year, also from Ashley Ann Photography:

 Aiden at 2 years, thanks to my amazingly talented friend, Quincie:

 On his 3rd Birthday:

 And on his 4th birthday:

Here are a few facts about you at four:  You love Spiderman and any other super hero (including daddy!).  You are learning to write your name and pretty much have it down.  You can count to 24 in English and 10 in Spanish.  Your favorite book is a $1 Spiderman book I got on the bargain shelf at Target.  You love to dress yourself and on the few occasions when you come down in something that doesn't match, you laugh when I tell you your shirt doesn't go with your pants and run back upstairs to change.  Somehow (DAD!) you think people eat ice cream almost every day.  You are one of the happiest kids I have ever been around.  You can make a friend in two seconds flat.  You say hello to almost everyone we encounter and ask their name.  You are SO outgoing!  You already show a kind heart and a caring for other people--one of my favorites of your qualities!  You like to sneak food out of the refrigerator and hide to eat it.  These are just a few things about you at four.  I'm sure I could go on and on!

Thank you God for this beautiful and amazing boy!

much love,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment