Monday, August 22, 2011

Batman's Last Day of School

It's hard to believe that another school year is about to start.  Aiden will be going to a new school next year.  I had planned to send him to Pre-K at Bixby North but somewhere along the way, my mother's intuition told me that it wasn't the best choice for him to be in a public school with twice as many kids in one class.  By the time I realized it, all the spots were full at our church where he has been going the past two years.  Everything happens for a reason, right?  There happened to be an opening still at Kirk of the Hills, which is a really good preschool.  So, we are starting there this coming Thursday.  My goal is to get all caught up on blogs by then so I can post his first day of school pictures soon after they are taken--and not three months later:)

So, back to the end of last year.  Does everyone remember their first crush?  Well, I do.  His name was Drew and he was a cute little blond boy in my Pre-K class.  Every time I would see him, I would try to hide behind my mom because I just KNEW he knew that I thought he was cute.  I am pretty sure Aiden had the same experience this year when he met Miss Avery.  She is the adorable daughter of a girl that I knew way back in elementary school (small world!).  They have been glued at the hip since the first day of school.  He has told me he loves her and when I asked him if he was still my sweetheart, his reply was "mom, I can't be your sweetheart anymore because I'm a boyfriend now."  Be still my heart.  So, I did what any psycho good mother of all boys would do, and I told him that he would always be my sweetheart, no matter what and even if he was a boyfriend.  I'm already planning what I'll do when the girls start calling the house.  I don't have it fully worked out yet, but I know that it will involve some sort of accent and saying "no Aiden here" in broken English before hanging up on them.  It's a good plan.

Ok, enough crazy talk and back to school......here are Aiden and Avery on their last day.




Aiden has worked really hard on learning to write his name this year.  He doesn't totally have it down yet, but he can definitely do it if you have him concentrate on one letter at a time.  I'm pretty proud of him for that, especially since he was bumped up last year with older kids and I don't think he would have even been working on writing his name in the class he should have been in.  Go Aiden!


His class with his teachers, Ms Pam and Ms. Sharon


We will miss STBC but are so grateful for all the special people who taught Aiden his first two years of preschool.

much love,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment