Sunday, August 21, 2011

Easter Fun

Yes.....I am still in April.  But the good news is that after this post, I will be able to move on to May!  Between the move and these two crazy active boys, I just haven't been able to blog as much as I had hoped when I started this in January.  But at least I am still trying:)

Easter was a fun time for us.  I love the thought of getting Easter baskets put together for the boys, but the reality is that at this age it is a bit of a pain to find things to put in it that are something I want them to have (because let's face it, they already have WAY too many toys) and something that will fit into a tiny basket. When they are older, it will be easier because I can just fill it with money and candy, but for now, they don't need the money and I don't want to give them too much candy--or any at all:)  Aiden is seriously into Spider Man right now, so he got a Spider Man basket.  I thought they turned out pretty cute:



We also had an Easter egg hunt inside our house.  We have done that the past two years in a row because it has been raining and too icky to do it outside.  I have to say, it's a pretty good alternative for someone like me who will do anything I can to avoid getting up early to hide Easter eggs.




As usual, Miller wanted his mama and daddy and threw such a fit in child care that they paged us to come get him.  So, he spent the Easter church service right where he wanted to--in daddy's lap, eating crackers.


After church, we came back to our house and had Easter lunch with my mom, Uncle David, Aunt Shirley and my cousin Lori.  I can't believe I pulled that off one week before we moved, but I did!


After everyone left, what was left to do?  Put on a pirate costume and have a sword fight with Aiden's new sword, of course!





After dinner, we finally got around to dying the Easter eggs.  Better late than never, right?  It was Aiden's first time to do it with dye and he really loved it!





Bed time at last......it was a long day for all of us, but Miller was all smiles as always!

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter, although I am sure you probably don't remember by now!
much love,


Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment