Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Was Running!

I am most definitely NOT a runner.  So when my friend Stacy called me in July and asked if I would run in the Bedlam Run with her, I was terrified....and excited.  I made myself a promise when my dad died that I was going to challenge myself to do something that I would have thought was impossible and then I was going to do it.  The thing I came up with was running a 5K.  I have been going to the gym, but I hadn't been running because it completely wears me out.  Again.....I am NOT a runner....at all.  So, when she asked me to do it, I immediately agreed in an effort to force myself out of my comfort zone.  In doing so, I proved to myself that nothing is impossible.  And not only did I finish the race, but I finished in the top half!  120th out of 306 runners.  Not too shabby for my first time.  I hope my kids will read this one day and see that even if you try to set what you think is an impossible goal for yourself, not only can you meet it, but you can exceed it!


 Me, Stacy and Missy:


Thank you so much to my sweet husband for coming out to support me.  Just having you there helped me so much!  Thank you also to my amazing mother-in-law for staying with the boys so he could go with me.  I can't wait for the next race!

much love,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment