Monday, January 24, 2011

Mama's Little Co-pilots

Let me just start by saying that I swore I would never dress my kids alike.....no matter what.  But when I saw this cute little airplane shirt, I just couldn't make up my mind which boy to buy it for, so I bought it for both.  I hadn't really intended on putting them in it at the same time, but that was before Aiden saw that they both had the same shirt.  So, all I heard about for several days was "when can we wear our airplane shirts?" "where's my airplane shirt?"  "where's frudder's (aka brother's) airplane shirt?"  So I put Aiden in his shirt and promised him that brother would have his on too when he got home from school.  I have to say it was pretty cute:)




Aiden really likes taking pictures, so I will occasionally let him take a few if we are on carpet and he promises to be extra careful.  He took this one of me and Miller.  I used to complain that I was never in any pictures with my kids because I was always the one taking them.  I guess this is my solution!


Next, we have another sweet Aiden moment.  It snowed here recently and we were stuck inside until daddy got home because I wasn't too sure how I'd juggle both of them in the snow since Miller is so young and probably couldn't stay out there too long.  So, I avoided a potential tantrum moment with Aiden and just waited for Scott to get home from work.  In the mean time, Aiden asked me if Miller could get in his choo-choo train tent with him.  I said yes and he immediately sprang into action to get it all set up for him.  He set up the tent and then ran into his room to get books for them to read inside the train.  So sweet!


Then daddy came home and we had our snow play time.  It was Miller's first time and he wasn't too sure about it to say the least.  In the chaos of getting them both ready, I forgot to put on Miller's gloves and didn't realize it until he put his little hand down in the snow and started bawling.  Mom job:  FAIL!


So, I scooped him up and we came inside for a fire and hot chocolate with daddy.  Followed by about 12 more fires through the weekend.  Aiden loves those fires!  We had the most relaxing weekend with no plans and just watched movies, cartoons and cuddled by the fire.  I actually started the week rested! 

This last picture, I just took about an hour and a half ago.  My mom was reading Aiden books and left the room for just a minute to get something.  When she came back, she found him passed out underneath his book.  Poor baby!  Being three is hard work!



He has an aptitude check at school in May to make sure he is on track.  They sent home a copy of the check list they are going to go by and we have been working really hard on it.  Today, we worked on learning his birthday and he got it down with no problem......June twenty foureth:)  Close enough for me! Ha!

much love,


Gina


No comments:

Post a Comment