Monday, January 3, 2011

December Rewind

So, I'm going to backtrack a bit and recap our December.  We were BUSY!  We started out with a Christmas party with my wonderful Bunco get out of the house, eat, drink wine and have adult conversation group:)  We gave up on playing Bunco a long time ago because we all have too much to say and we never got around to playing anyway. 



Next, we had Aiden's first school Christmas Program.  I can't even tell you how excited I was!  It was a challenging day for me because it fell on December 14th, the one year anniversary of my dad passing away AND it was held in the chapel where we had his service.  But I was also baptized in that chapel and Scott and I were married there, so this day gave me another happy memory for this place and that was how I had to look at it.  Aiden was quite the performer.  I could fill up two or three blog posts with pictures of him singing loudly, taking full body bows after each song and just all around being a ham like his mother. But I narrowed it down to four:

Starting off great!

He was rocking those bells!

Oops....he decided to do a stage dive to add extra drama to the program.
         And.....now he's pouting because he got in trouble and Ms. Sharon told him stage diving was a no-no.  What can I say?!?  He wants to do what he wants to do.  I have no idea where he gets it from.......

I have to say, he put on quite a show!  Next, we took the boys to the Christmas Train in Dry Gulch, just outside of Pryor.  It's put on by Church on the Move and it was really neat for the kids.  It's a whole town set up for Christmas with carriage rides, pony rides, a carousel and of course a real steam train.  Aiden was so excited I didn't think we were going to be able to keep him in his seat!




                                         Wearing the train conductor's hat.  He was so excited!

You can't put a price on seeing your child this excited!  Well, this one was about $70, so I guess you can:)

Running through the hay bale maze.  Scott was trying to get him out so we could leave, but he just kept running and laughing.  So fun!


PASSED OUT!  He never sleeps in the car anymore, so we were pretty sure he was worn out when we looked back and saw him like this.  It was a really fun night. 

I think I'll write about Christmas and New Year's Eve in another post.  This one is already long enough.  Looking back is making me exhausted!  I need a vacation!

much love,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment