Saturday, January 1, 2011

In With a Whimper and Out With a Bang!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to start a blog. Not because I think I have too much interesting to say, but because my talented sister-in-law has a blog (www.ccmillerphotography.com/blog) and she was telling me that she is going to take her blog and have it turned into a book. What a fabulous idea! I've always wished I was the kind of person who kept a diary, but I'm not. So, I'm going to try a blog of what goes on and maybe someday it will be something my kids will enjoy reading. Here goes!

If there's one thing this past year has taught me, it's that things are never just "good" or "bad" in life. Most of the time it's a little of both. That pretty much sums up 2010 for our family. We started the year out with a whimper because we had just lost a man who meant so much to all of us, my dad. 
But then, just four months later, we had the joy of this day:
MILLER EVAN OUSLEY, BORN 4/13/10

My dad always said life was like this.  He would move his hands from left to right and say "sometimes life goes this a way, and sometimes it goes that a way". He was so right! This has been the hardest year of my life.  But as I was laying in bed this morning cuddling with my two babies and husband, I started crying because it occurred to me:  this is 1/1/11.....I made it through 2010.  I did that!  I now know that I can make it through anything.  I also learned that there is a strength we have as mothers that we don't even know is there.  It would have been so easy for me to curl up and feel sorry for myself this year.  But I have two beautiful boys who count on me and even though some days the only thing getting me out of bed was thought of how disappointed my dad would be if I didn't get on with life, I DID IT.  I made the choice every day to press on and to be the best mother I can be.  I am proud of myself for that and I think he probably is too.

The year ended with a bang, literally, when I crashed into the back of a car that I thought was turning but ended up stopped in front of me.  The first wreck that was my fault since I was 19.  

So, now it is 2011 and I am declaring this the year of happy.  I am going to do everything I can this year to soak in every ounce of joy that I can because life is short and none of us are promised tomorrow.  Life is a gift and so are these boys.
BRING IT ON 2011!!!!


much love,

Gina

2 comments:

  1. Your daddy was(and would continue) to be so proud of you. You are such a strong, amazing and loyal woman with a heart of gold. I'm proud to call you my best friend. With you as a mother, there is NOTHING your boys won't be able to do.
    Love you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog...You are one of the most amazing girls and friends I know! I love you!

    ReplyDelete