Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year! Happy New Year!

All I can say is thank God for my mom.  She is always so willing to keep the kids at the drop of a hat, which is usually how it goes.  I used to plan everything way in advance, but that was bk....before kids.  So, when I called to see if she would watch the boys so I could have a VERY last minute New Year's dinner with friends who also had no plans, it was so great that she was willing.  Mom, I owe you a lot!!!
This is my contribution to the meal.....Beef Tenderloin En Croute'.  One of the fanciest dishes I make.  It is delicious and always impresses anytime I take it somewhere.  I even took some of the extra puff pastry and put 2011 on the top, just to add a little something extra special.  All I need to do is remember to rewrite my recipe and put in bold capitol letters:  ATTENTION!  THE TWINE WILL DISAPPEAR INTO THE MEAT WHEN YOU COOK IT, SO YOU HAVE TO BE SURE TO TAKE IT OFF BEFORE YOU PUT THE MEAT INTO THE PUFF PASTRY!!!
That's right.....I left the stupid twine on and realized what I had done as soon as I took the first slice into my masterpiece.  What a dummy!  This is why I always try to downplay my cooking abilities anytime someone says I am a good cook.  Let's be real--I know how to find good recipes and I know how to follow them.  Case in point--I knew to remove the twine (I'm not that dumb!), but it's not on the recipe, so I forgot!  At least it tasted like a million bucks and was easy to remove.  So embarrassing!!!

Everyone smiling.....pretending the twine is no big deal.

Scott popping the champagne we brought.  I can't believe I got this picture right as the cork was coming out!
Becca, me, Ruth Ann, Rachel and Rae Lynn


Rachel, me, Rae Lynn and Ruth Ann


What a fun night!  All I asked for was a fun and relatively uneventful night (let's just say last New Year's Eve wasn't one of the best) and that's just what I got.  A fun evening with sweet friends and home semi-early for bed.  Perfect!  Happy New Year to all of you.  I hope 2011 brings you happiness, love, joy and success.  

much love,


Gina 

No comments:

Post a Comment