Saturday, January 8, 2011

Home Alone

Scott left at 7:00 a.m. this morning for a business trip to Orlando for some meetings.  Of course, he couldn't resist the temptation of beautiful Florida weather and had to go down a day early to play golf.  So, the boys and I will be on our own until Wednesday.  Any and all prayers are happily accepted!  We started off the day by going to my nephew, Easton's, first basketball game.  Aiden was totally fixed on watching those older boys play.  He wanted out on that court so bad!  He wanted in that game!  Easton's team played great, but as he put it to me when I told him what a great job he did "maybe next time you come watch me play we will win."  Poor guy.  I should have told him that at 5 years old, he is already as good a basketball player as I was when I played in 6th grade!  That probably would have made him feel better.

I wanted to write a little bit about how much Aiden LOVES his baby brother.....or "frudder" as he likes to call him.  It is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.  He literally lights up and is so excited every time he sees him.  He keeps telling me he wants me to have five (yikes!) more babies because he loves being a big brother so much.  He gets so concerned any time Miller is crying and always wants to help him.  This morning, I was in the other room getting breakfast ready and when I came back into the bedroom, Aiden had gotten out all of Miller's favorite toys and sat them up all in a row in front of him so he could play.  Melts my heart!  Later on this afternoon, Miller was fussy because he is teething and Aiden was trying hard to make him laugh.  Finally, Miller smiled and Aiden said "Mama!  He found his smile again!  He's not sad anymore!".  What a sweetheart!  

When I first found out I was pregnant, I remember holding Aiden one night before bed and feeling so guilty  that he wouldn't be getting my undivided attention anymore.  This baby was going to forever change his life and he didn't know it or ask for it.  I worried that I wouldn't be able to give him all the attention he needed or that he would feel jealous or sad about all the attention I would need to give to the baby.  I also wondered how my love could possibly be split in two.  I love Aiden as much as it is possible to love someone, so what would happen when I had another baby to love?  As soon as Miller was born, I had my answer.  Your love doesn't split in two, it doubles.  And having Miller has somehow made my love for Aiden grow even more.  I see him loving and taking care of his brother and it shows me even more sides of him to love.  He is such a sweet and caring boy and God has so richly blessed me with these children.  Miller seems to have the same sweet and kind spirit that Aiden has and I can only pray that will continue.  I realize now that I was wrong to feel guilty that he wouldn't be getting my undivided attention.  Miller has blessed Aiden's life just as much as he has blessed ours.  These boys are going to be the best of friends and I am so excited to watch their relationship grow.   


Love those baby blues.....


Aiden has begged for months to be able to take a bath with Miller and a few nights ago, he got his chance.  We have dipped him in there with him before, but this was the first where we put him in and let them play.  So fun!

I may not post any more until after Scott gets back.  I am anticipating being a little bit stressed and staying busy spending some good play time with them:).  Someday, I am sure I will be reading this and wishing I could be back in this very moment, feeling the stress, covered in baby food and slobber.  I don't plan on wasting a second of it.


much love,


Gina

1 comment:

  1. K first of all...sorry for the loser comment two posts ago where I commented on the WRONG blog. After a year and a half of blogging, you'd think I would have this figured out. I was talking about the recipe and meant to comment on your New Year's post obviously. SORRY ! People like me totally annoy me on my blog so sorry to be annoying on your blog! Anyways, just a little not to say good for you for being your family's memory keeper by starting the blog and I look forward to reading many more! :) Thanks for coming to Easton's game. I know it meant alot to him...and us. Love you.

    ReplyDelete