Thursday, March 10, 2011

Who Has Time For This?

I have to say, I am in love with the idea of having a blog.  But if I am being totally honest, since baby #2 has arrived, I spend most of my days running from one thing to the next and when I do have a brief amount of time to myself, I just want to collapse in my chair, rest, and enjoy the all too brief silence.  Maybe it's because I am a terrible night owl and Miller isn't as fond of sleeping until 8:30-9:00a.m. like Aiden was or maybe it's because I'm still drinking decaf coffee.  Why am I doing that again?!?!  Oh yea.......I'm still nursing:)  I do drink a pop on most afternoons and I'm afraid terrified that if I have coffee and pop that it will keep my sweet baby awake.  So, most days I am dog tired by 2:00 and am counting the minutes until bedtime. 

I have to confess that most days I feel like I am in a race to bed time with 35 things to do before it gets here and I'm only able to give 1/2 of my effort to most of my tasks.  What is it about having baby #2 that has thrown my life into such craziness?  Miller is just as sweet as can be and he really is no trouble at all.  Most of the time (like right now as I am typing), he is perfectly content to play by himself and not make much of a mess.  This in itself has thrown me for a loop since I could never leave Aiden alone for more than 3 seconds before he had crawled over to the nearest object and made a complete mess, tried to swim in the toilet or put something in his mouth that shouldn't be there.  Aiden has always been very curious and I know that is a trait that will serve him well in his life, but boy is it exhausting while he is young!  A few days ago, I left Miller playing in the hall with a bucket of toys.  I had something to do on the computer, so I let him play while I was working.  Every 2-3 minutes, I would run back to the hall to check on him, only to find him happily sitting in the same spot each time, still playing with the toys.  This happens all the time!  It is amazing to me to see the personality differences in my boys already at such a young age. 

So, I guess the moral to my story is that I have so much to say, but when I think of something to blog about, it's usually a time when I can't stop and type it out.  I am going to try to be better.  Only one more month until my baby boy turns one and we will be done with nursing.  So maybe when I have more caffeine in my system, I will have more energy to blog!

I'll finish up with a few things:  today, Miller said mama to me several times as plain as day.  He also said "night night" when I asked him if he wanted to go night night.  He is talking so much!  He also says "dada," "wawa (water)," "bye-bye," "uh oh" and "no no".  That last one is HUGE for me since Aiden still has trouble understanding what no means:)  Love those sweet boys!  Finally, we took Aiden to the Shriner's Circus again this year.  It has become our February family tradition.  Last year, he wanted to ride an elephants SO bad, but by the time we got in line it was way too long.  So, we promised him that he could ride the elephant this year.  We ran to get in line so fast that I dumped our popcorn all over the floor, but we were close to the front of the line!  I got to ride with him and let's just say it was an experience I'll never forget!

Watching the circus with his new light sabre:

Tonight, we are going to our first sports meeting.  Aiden will be playing soccer in the spring and daddy will be coaching.  We are all so excited.  I'm sure there will be many hilarious blog posts and pictures to come out of it.  Can't wait!

much love,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment