Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Valentine Cuties

Having three boys in my house makes Valentine's Day a little extra special for me.  Our holiday started with a pre-Valentine's Day trip to the grocery store.  As you can see, Aiden never misses a chance to be Mr. Cool like his daddy:)


What made this ordinary trip to the grocery store special for me was what happened while I was picking out produce.  We hadn't mentioned anything about Valentine's Day to Aiden before making the trip because it was still a few days away.  While I'm trying to pick out some bananas, I overhear Aiden say "daddy, let's go over there so I can give mommy some of those flowers."  As my heart is melting, I decide to pretend I don't hear what's going on and just see what happens.  Scott takes him over to the flowers, he picks out the ones he likes, walks them over to me, hands me the flowers and says, "Happy Valentine's Day Mama, I love you."  Oh my precious.  I have gotten quite a few flowers in my time, but these are by far the most special.


Later, we did our usual Valentine's Day tradition of baking daddy some sugar cookies and then decorating them ourselves. 







And finally, February 14th.  This mama felt so loved this year with three sweet boys to be my Valentines.  Life doesn't get much better:)



Finally, we have some brotherly cuddle time.  Sweet baby Miller.  How I love you and all your affection.  It melts my heart that both of my boys are so loving and affectionate, but to see them be that way with each other is nothing short of a gift from God.  How can one mother be so blessed?  I don't know, but I'm taking it!



much love,

Gina

1 comment:

  1. That story about Aiden and the flowers is so precious. He has such a sweet and tender heart.

    ReplyDelete