Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowmageddon

The best way I know how to describe what being trapped in the house does to my husband is to say that it makes him act like a caged animal.  I really thought he was going to break the doors down or something if I didn't let him get out and go to Target yesterday.  So, against my better judgement we went up the street and I stayed in the car with the kids while he went inside and looked around.  It turned out to be a good deal because he found Aiden a thermal underwear set for $4.  I love a good bargain!

I'm not really sure how much snow we actually got, but we have a drift in our back yard that is up to our hips! 


Cabin fever had set in for us all and Aiden was EXTREMELY excited to go outside and play in the snow........


.....until he stepped out in it and started sinking.  He said "Daddy!  Hurry!  I need some help!"


We tried letting him sled down the drift, but it wasn't wet enough to slide on and he didn't get too far.  Maybe in a few days when it starts melting some.


Even Scott had a hard time walking in it!


So he decided to show Aiden how to run and dive into the snow.


I was just there to observe:)


They tried to have a snowball fight, but Aiden was having such a hard time walking in the snow that every time he would get a snowball made, he would fall down and drop it.  Ha!


So, daddy decided to jump back in the snow with him.  Fun times!


Even though we all have a bit of cabin fever, we have really been enjoying having all this family time together.  Scott has been building us a fire every morning and Aiden and I love to lay by it and rest while Miller is napping.  It has been really fun but I will be over the top excited ready for school to start back up! 

much love,


Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment