Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birthday Blessings

One of the reason's April is a busy month for us is birthdays.  We have 3 in our immediate family: mine, Miller's and my mother-in-law, Dian's.  It's the month of cake!  I had a wonderful birthday this year.  It started with a family lunch complete with my mom's famous Italian Coconut Cream cake and having these sweet boys serenade me with "Happy Birthday"  I am so blessed to have such an amazing family.  Between my brother and I, we have five of the most precious, smart and talented kids on this Earth and I just love every minute I get to spend with them.  Here are my nephew, Easton, and Aiden singing to me:


I finished the day with a fabulous dinner with some of my friends.  I am so blessed to have some of the best friends a girl could hope for.  They have celebrated with me during happy times and helped me through some of the worst times of my life.  I am so grateful to God, my husband and my daddy for making it possible for me to move back to Tulsa four years ago.  It has been the gift that keeps on giving!  We had sushi at In the Raw and watched the sun set.  It was the perfect evening.



Next up was sweet little Miller's 1st birthday party.  What a fun day!  I decided to keep it relatively low key this year because of our crazy April schedule.  We had so much fun throwing him a jungle themed party. 



the birthday boy playing with his Nana (Scott's mom):



His new chair from Grammy J (my mom):



So excited for the cake!





Daddy had been in California all week and had flown back late on the night before the party.  All the excitement did him in and he fell asleep on the porch sitting straight up in his chair!

Birthday kisses for Grammy J:)  What a sweet boy!


All of the craziness that has been going on this month has got me thinking about what is important in life.  The most important things to me are God, my family and my friends but it seems like lately life has gotten in the way of these things being able to be a priority.  My goal for May is to change that.  Even if we aren't fully unpacked until winter, that's going to have to be just fine.  During the packing process, I have packed up everything that isn't vital to our everyday life and I've been amazed at what few things I really need versus how many things I actually have.  I'm thinking I need to just unpack the stuff that we really need and not worry about the rest.  Life would be so much simpler without so many "things" that don't really matter.

much love,

Gina

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture of you and Scott AND I am cracking up about him falling asleep! April was a busy month for you guys for sure! Hope you are getting settled in the new house well.

    ReplyDelete